30a Beach Road, Christies Beach, South Australia, 5165
Osteopaths work with their hands to perform treatment using a variety of techniques, these include:
- Massage and stretching techniques
- Articulation techniques – passive joint mobilisation
- Muscle energy techniques – releasing contracted muscles by working against resistance
- Counterstrain techniques – counter stretching restricted joints and muscles whilst in position of comfort in order to achieve release
- Functional techniques – gentle joint mobilisation
- Visceral techniques – management of conditions affecting internal organs involving gentle and rhythmical stretching of the visceral areas
Additional Treatments used in patient care:
- Dry needling therapy; Is widely used in the treatment of Trigger point pain and a wide variety of musculoskeletal chronic pain to a good effect.
- Kinesiology taping; the same tape as used on Olympic athletes and professional sports men and women The application of this tape can be used for different reasons such as: postural support, the treatment of an acute injury such as a joint sprain, to support areas of instability in the body, Oedema taping and for pregnancy and also Functional taping for athletes .
- Cranial Therapy: